Quite a couple of days back, OLX classifieds released its free mobile app for Android users. The OLX free app could be seen as a way to consolidate the stronghold OLX has in the market, especially in the Indian market.
What is OLX Classifieds?
Ever since Nasper’s 2010 investment in OLX, the brand has grown exponentially, enjoying formidable positions in markets like India, Brazil, South Africa and Portugal.
It is a “C-2-C” (consumer to consumer) classified site where buyers and sellers meet to sell anything under the sun. As the CIOL coverage states, “OLX pioneered in creating the consumer-to-consumer (C-2-C) selling market segment in India that didn’t exist prior to OLX’s entry”.
Talking about its success, the CEO of OLX India, Amarjit Batra says:
Our market developments efforts over the last two years have paid off handsomely. We have penetrated not only the big towns but all the small towns too. It’s gratifying to have been able to have built such a loyal base of users and strong brand equity all across India.
Moreover, the mobile growth potential in India is huge, with the Android OS claiming a large market share. It is not surprising that OLX India has released an Android-based classified app to reach the ever increasing brand of Smartphone users.
OLX Free App Review
Watch this 16 second ad clipping.
Some features of the OLX free app are:
- You can view OLX in your chosen local language.
- All you need to do is take a picture of the things you want to sell and post the ad for free.
- You can search for products and services via a marvelously customized search bar.
- There is a ‘My OLX’ section to manage the ads, view messages and favorite searches.
- If location access is enabled on the Smartphone, you can use the OLX app to look for things on sale near your location.
- You can directly message or call the seller.
- You never pay a dime to use this app. It’s free.
Since its release, it has already been downloaded over 45,000 times!