9448889cc83a0ebc9ccd2b094a385c6156a7a91d9e6cbf743d
Entertainment

5 Bollywood Movies to Look Forward to in 2016

Movies to Look Forward to in 2016
Written by Jessee R

When it comes to Bollywood, I will be honest with you: I don’t like 90% of the films made. But as for the rest 10%, these movies come out to be awesome and provide a great cinematic tale to be told for worthy audiences. In the last few years, there have been some excellent movies like Gangs of Wasseypur and Barfi.

We are also trying to stand up to global markets and competition with films like Krisshh 3 (although the movie was not that big a tech spectacle to compete with the likes of Marvel, DC or Warner Bros.). However, when I look for excellent movies, it’s not the money spread I try to find, I go for substance instead. So here is my list of upcoming movies which can bring substance to Bollywood in the coming year.

5 Bollywood Movies to Look Forward to in 2016

Here they are:

#1 Azhar

Azhar

The life of star cricketer Md. Azharuddin has been one full of interesting events. Going on to become one of the most successful captains of the Indian cricket team, he was later accused in the area of match fixing and banned for life. This is kind of plot which attracts actors like Emraan Hashmi. I like the guy’s acting in spite of what the haters have to say.

From the looks of the trailer, the movie will have some serious stuff and it will be interesting to take a deeper look into the aspirations and motives of the once famous Indian Captain.

#2 MohenJo Daro

Mohenjo-Daro

I have a lot of respect for Hrithik Roshan. Over the years, his body of work has come to be very substantial and rich with movies like Mission Kashmir, Guzaarish, and Koi Mil Gaya. When I saw him in Jodha Akbar, it could be easily inferred that no other actor could have donned the mantle of the emperor other than Hrithik Himself.

Well, he is back along with Pooja Hegde in another one of Ashutosh Gowarikar’s historical piece based on the ancient civilization of MohenJo Daro. I like Jodha Akbar; therefore, I have high hopes from this movie too!

#3 Raees

Raees

Well, it seems Shahrukh Khan may be back at making good movies after giving us cinematic blasphemies for the past two years. The last movies which impressed me were Om Shanti Om and Chak De India. Raees seems to be a more dramatic and thrilling experience from the likes of the trailer and one can see that it is not like the utopian and absurd love story typos that Mr. Khan had made his USP earlier.

Don’t hate me. I do not hate Shahrukh Khan. My name is Rahul, so there is definitely a fan element in me. But the thing is, I like good cinema too. I have been yearning for him to give us films like Chamatkaar, Darr, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and more of the amazing stuff he did when he was starting to become a heartthrob. I hope Raees is just that kind of movie.

#4 Jagga Jasoos

Jagga Jasoos

After Rockstar, I had nothing but respect for Ranbir Kapoor’s acting skills. Then came in Barfi and started linking him more. But sadly, he hasn’t done much apart from Ye Jawaani Hai Deewani. I would like to see more acting from him and who better than Anurag Basu to get the work done.

Although, I did notice patches of Charlie Chaplin and old cult American Cinema in Barfi, Anurag Basu’s talents as a director cannot be overruled. Therefore, I would expect something good of this upcoming comedy drama.

#5 Fitoor

Fitoor

Well, the star cast does not have a lot of credibility here but I would still want to see this film. Why? It is based on the famous novel by Charles Dickens called Great Expectations. While the book is a literary masterpiece, one wonders what director Abhishek Kapoor will transform it into on the silver screen.

However, I do see promise in the likes of Aditya Roy Kapoor. This guys has the looks and also has a way of grabbing your attention even in completely illogical sequences. So, all the luck to these guys and let’s hope that they do not make a Sarkar Raj out of it!

Movies are a great way of relaxing and gaining perspective (humor, philosophy, life tips etc., take your pick). Which of these movies do you expect to go and watch?

I am sure, I missed some chartbusters here. Do share them with us in the comments. 

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

About the author

Jessee R

An experienced content writer and digital evangelist, Jessee designs and does strategic content planning at SocialVani. Apart from that, he likes to be a rebel and believes strongly in creativity and collaboration.

Leave a Comment